Monday, May 4, 2009

Not in Egypt ...

Today I was supposed to be touring the pyramids in Giza.  But I am not.  At the last minute they weren't able to get all my arrangements made to join my school's trip to Egypt.  I found out late afternoon Friday and they left on Saturday.  Needless to say, I was seriously disappointed and dreading being at school this week instead of traveling the world, but I'm cool now.  I got my first update from the kids and they are having an amazing time.  What an amazing experience it must be for these children who have hardly ever left Atlanta!

Plus, it was a blessing in disguise because my invitations came on Friday!  I was pretending that I was going to magically get them all done an addressed before I left, which never would have happened.  So I was really glad to have the weekend to work on them.  They are beautiful and totally unique!  Just the way I like it.  I used etsy vendor Letterpunch Design  with the wonderfully talented Laura Nehls and they turned out amazing!  She probably sent me 20 proofs or more until they were perfect, and really worked with me when I was under a time crunch to get them done!  I can't say enough good things about working with Laura!  

Plus, did I mention that they were totally affordable?  We did the DIY option and put them together ourselves!  I wanted to create my own invitations anyways, so this let me pretend like I had done something :)  Big thanks to Rebecca for helping fold and glue on Friday!

Sneak preview thanks to Laura's etsy site:

I can't wait to get them mailed out!  I am working on the labels now, and as soon as the stamps come in, we'll have them out by the end of the week!  yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment